Mrs. Stelling

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tech in the House!

This week has been an exciting tech week @ my house. My girls have been working diligently all summer to earn money for technology. My youngest received her ipod touch in the mail earlier in the week and is engaged in gaming at this very moment. For this first week, gaming is ok. Next week? It will be more geared toward starting school-math games and reading. Yeah, I know, you're thinking 'yeah right!'. Technology has to have meaning in order for it to have value. Truly, in my house, there has to be quality time with tech for everyone. Yes, me included.


My oldest daughter received her ipad2 this morning! Can you say "jealous"? I think they are amazing tools and I can't wait to get my hands on it while she's sleeping! (SHHHH!:o)) I'm thinking an early bed time tonight . . . We are having fun face-timing and downloading apps!

What an amazing journey my girls have in front of them! Being digital natives, they will have never understand what a party line is or that black and white television even existed among a plethora of other things. Some of the best quotes in music class have been "Whoa, check out that HUGE CD!" when showing them a record. Or "Mrs. Stelling, can't you add color to that movie?" when showing clips of classic TV such as The Lone Ranger.

Technology is a great way for us to learn and share together! It will never replace a teacher, but is valuable as long as it is meaningful.

1 comment:

  1. When your girls are mothers themselves, they'll be telling their own kids, "When I was little, back in 2011, I was so excited to get a ipod/ipad." Wonder what the "in" thing will be for your grandkids?

    ReplyDelete